Friday, December 20, 2013

Expectation - The Real Joy-Killer?


They say curiosity killed the cat.  But I think not.

No, “expectation” - that’s the real killer.  The killer of joy, the thief of peace, the weight upon my back that can drag me down heavy and slow.  

When I expect results in my work…

When I expect my Christmas day to look and taste and feel just like it did back on the other side of the world…

When I expect my children to be the model TCKs, friendly, flexible, gracious, and generous in all situations…

When I expect there to be butter on the shelf at the store …

When I expect my teammates to be my BFFs…

When I expect to sleep on a plane…

When I expect my marriage to be Hollywood romance

When I expect everyone to understand my choice to live in a land far away…

When I expect hot water…

When I expect the plumber to show up with tools, not just a flashlight…

You really have no idea how much you expect until you step into a world where your expectations fall flat, one after the other. 

Read more over at Velvet Ashes...

No comments:

Post a Comment