Thursday, January 16, 2014

Waiting for the "Some Day" to Share My Voice



I used to think that the time to share my voice would come later.  It was that elusive "some day." Some day...when I have more life tucked under my belt, when the kids are older, when I have more time, when I've had more training, then perhaps I'll  have something of value to share.
So I held back, waiting for the "some day."
Then I read about some women, some real-life hero/mentor kind of ladies.  These women were living in the "some day" of my imagination.  Their kids were grown and gone, they had years of living and learning to draw from.  Surely, they had people knocking down their doors, lining up to drink from their wells of wisdom.
But no.
These ladies were lamenting that they feel like they are too old, too out of touch, too out of style to be wanted, to be needed.
So they too hold back, feeling like their day has passed them by.
That's when I saw it.  That's when it all clicked...

Read the rest over at Velvet Ashes.  We're at The Grove sharing on the prompt "Voice."

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, I think far too many people fall into this way of thinking :(. Thanks for throwing the door WIDE open on it!!

    ReplyDelete